Sunday, February 20

Heavy Baby

















Here's what I've been doing late at night :)

















A young expectant mama asked me to construct this Heavy Baby from a kit that she purchased here. She intends to present it to her toddler when the new baby arrives.
































































This 16 " Heavy Baby is filled with 4 pounds of millet that is scented with lavender essential oil. It was an amazingly delightful sensory experience to work with. The pattern was very simple and straightforward and required only basic sewing skills. It involved a combination of hand-sewing (making the head and attaching the head and hands to the body) and machine stitching (sewing the body and clothing).

















I enjoyed making this doll so much that I made a second, smaller 12" one to keep and share with Toucie :)

11 comments:

  1. hello :) your handwork is exquisite. toucie and your expectant mama friend must love their dolls :) you have such a lovely blog and a lovely family. i hope all of you are doing well, and you can post more about your days. my family and i live in nyc and i found your blog via amanda soule's "this moment" series. sending you much love and strength, dorina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious the little baby doll turned out! Thank you for sharing the link for the pattern; I will add it to my wish list. I just found your beautiful blog today following your comment on Lauri's Wish, Wonder, Surprise. I'm glad I did :) ~ Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Cypress - I was just thinking about you and there you were in the Waldorf chat room!!!

    I hope you and your family are well - and yes we love our weighted doll too!!

    Namaste, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I can't access the link to the pattern. Is it possible for you to send it again? the doll is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm unable to access the link to the pattern. I have searched everywhere for this pattern, no where to be found.

      Delete
  5. Love your doll! Also looking for the pattern. It seems they are not selling it anymore. It would be so helpful if you could explain the where and how to add the weight. I can figure everything else out. Your help would be so appreciated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I know you did this a while back, but do you know how much millet you bought and how much lavender oil you mixed in with the millet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I've also been looking for instructions for the heavy baby doll which don't seem to be available anywhere, strangely. I'm looking to understand where to fill the baby with the weight and from this picture on another blog it seems to be in the bottom half, is that right? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pI8DpXGfZfU/T2vRu-TyNsI/AAAAAAAACcM/ZvCm4D-nOyI/s1600/hb11.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also been searching for this pattern for months! I can kind of figure out how she made it by looking at the second picture, but I really wish I could find the pattern somewhere!

      Delete
  8. Please can someone put the link??? I can't fond the pattern???
    Please...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a video or link to a pattern please?

    ReplyDelete