Wednesday, February 10

More snow??!

We said goodbye to the snow last week, thinking that that was the end of our luck with snow here in the South this winter....but yesterday morning brought this:
 

I know some folks don't welcome slushy roads, school closings, and burst pipes, but I am willing to endure those things for the romance of a snowy landscape.
If it went on for weeks and weeks, I probably wouldn't feel the same way, but it is just such a rare commodity here...I treasure every flake :)

Some spent a little time like this:


 


And some (me!!) found cozy spots like this:
 
 OK...True confession time: 
Having set myself a goal to read 60 books or more over the course of 2010, I sometimes find my self in a dry spell between great books. During those times I fall back on frivolous, fun reading...usually a long-running (so, I never run out of books to read) mystery series that takes place in a time period or locale that I find attractive. Last year I read the fantasy/mystery Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher (It's good to branch out!).  This year I'm infatuated with M.C. Beaton. She has two separate series: the Agatha Raisin series (set in the Cotswolds), and the Hamish Macbeth series (set in the Scottish Highlands)....I love them both and have been going back and forth between them during those spells when I'm waiting for access to the next piece of "great" literature on my list. And if you are wondering how I'm doing on my goal...so far this year, I've read 14 books. (Highlights being The Lacuna, by Barbara Kingsolver, and Jigs and Reels, by Joanne Harris). I'm currently reading an Agatha Raisin book (as you can see in the photo above) while I wait for my copy of AS Byatt's The Children's Book to be sent to my branch of the public library.

Anyway...enough about books...we can talk about book love another day. I'll just wrap up my snow day post the way we wrap up almost all our snow days: sledding ! Sledding in the moonlight, sledding till the cows come home, sledding till we drop. We're going to squeeze every drop of fun out of our precious snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment